How do I request a quote?
Simply use the booking system on our website, alternatively, send an email to [email protected] with a list of items you wish to hire, we will then confirm the availability of the products and email you a written quote and booking form that you will need to return to us.
Is there a minimum order?
Yes, our minimum order at Occasions is $150, excluding damage waiver and delivery fees.
Are there any additional costs?
The prices quoted on our website are the standard hire price for our products and do not include GST. Where our products have to be assembled on site, the assembly charge is included in the hire price quoted.
There are a number of additional costs that may apply:
- The cost for extended hire, if your hire period is longer than 3 days (excluding Sundays and Public Holidays).
- The cost for delivery, which is calculated according to the hire items, delivery location, delivery and collection restrictions.
- The cost of losses, damages and breakages, which are charged once the goods have been returned to us and assessed by our warehouse team. Each item has a replacement fee that is the cost incurred by Occasions Event Management to restock that item.
What is the hire period?
The prices shown on our website are based on our 1-3 day hire rate. You can hire out our products for longer; we will simply increase the number of hires according to the length of the time required.
What size marquee will I need?
There are many factors to consider when determining the size of the marquee required for your event. Some factors that need to be considered include:
- Available space to fit the marquee
- The type of event, e.g. wedding, birthday party, corporate event etc.
- The number of expected guests
- Whether the guests be seated at tables and if so, what style of tables you prefer. Don’t forget that a formal head table will take up more space than your guest tables.
- Whether you require a stage, dance floor, buffet tables or other furniture in the marquee
Our marquee hire specialists will suggest the appropriate size based on your personal needs.
How do i know if my site is suitable for installing a marquee?
Most surfaces are suitable for installing a marquee. Usually we use pegs driven into grass surfaces or natural ground, but on surfaces where marquees cannot be pegged into the ground (such as on paving, concrete or asphalt) steel or concrete weights can be used. There is a small additional charge to place and remove these heavy weights.
Does the marquee come with walls?
Yes marquees come with solid fabric walls on all sides. Clear walls and clear roofs are available at an additional charge.
Can I hire a marquee and erect it myself?
No. The erection of marquees is a specialist role and must be completed by experienced professionals.
What are the conditions of hire?
The Hirer must clearly mark out the site prior to marquee installation and ensure that they inform Occasions Event Management of the nature and location of all relevant utilities, communications and facilities.
The Hirer acknowledges that he has read and fully understands the within hire equipment contract and agrees to be bound by all terms, conditions and provisions hereof.
Acceptance of a quote is an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
How many people can I fit in each size marquee?
The following is a guide only. The first priority when choosing a marquee size is to measure the space available where the marquee is to be erected. If space is not an issue then some of the other factors determining the size of the marquee are the type of function, seating and buffet tables, and whether you would like a dance floor or stage.
When calculating the right size marquee to suit your land area, always allow a minimum 2 meters around the perimeter of your marquee to ensure a good fit.
For example, if you wanted to host 100 people in a 9m clear span structure, seated at round tables with a standard dance floor – you would need to hire a 9m x 18m structure. 162m2 could cater for up to 100 guests.
It is advised to allow 0.9m2 per guest seated on round tables, or 0.75m2 for standing room only.